The selection process
We’ve designed our selection process to be as rigorous as possible, and there are two really important reasons for that:
First and foremost, we want to give you every opportunity to be certain that we are the right employer for you.
We also need to be sure you have the tenacity and determination to handle the unique challenges you’ll face that come from working in an international business that operates in a highly regulated industry.
Because it’s so robust, the whole selection process can take up to three months, from start to finish.
We believe our employees possess an outstanding level of talent; our thorough recruitment process ensures that the quality of our people remains amongst the highest in the market.
You can expect to complete some or all of the following steps during your recruitment journey:
- Application – Uploading your CV and completing our online application form is your first chance to make a great impression and share your motivations for joining BAT.
- Culture Questionnaire – This bespoke online culture questionnaire has been designed to find out whether you share the values that unite BAT’s diverse community.
- Cognitive Tests – A chance for you to show us what skills and potential you can bring to BAT, and for us to determine whether your verbal and numerical abilities are at the right level to meet the unique challenges of our business.
- Telephone Interview – This could involve anything from a brief introductory chat about the role and salary expectations, to a longer, more formal conversation with competency-based questions.
- Leadership Preference Questionnaire – This has been designed to help us understand your individual leadership style, from the approach you take in different business situations, to the way you deal with other people at work.
- Face-to-face Interview – The length and format will vary according to role and location. This step gives you the chance to demonstrate the skills and knowledge that make you a perfect fit for the role, in person. It is also a great opportunity to ask any questions you might have.
- Assessment Centre – This testing but enjoyable day of team and individual exercises is designed to assess your capabilities in action. It also includes an interview by your prospective Head of Function, where you’ll have the opportunity to find out more about the role, function, or our organisation as a whole.